Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Beginning of Healing

There is a balm in Gilead
To make the wounded whole;
There is a balm in Gilead
To heal the sin-sick soul.

Dear God-

If I could sing like Judy Collins, I'd be singing "Amazing Grace" right now. 

I'm not good at expressing my gratitude in words nor can I adequately describe the peace and healing I have felt as of late but I wanted to say thank-You in the most sincere way I know how. 

From time to time You bless me with Your redeeming grace, Your tender mercies, and the embrace of Your infinite love. Rarely though, am I in harmony to receive it but these past couple weeks have been one of those times. 

I am grateful Father for Your gracious blessings, for the peace of mind, for the healing of my troubled heart. At moments I have felt life again with the same innocent excitement that I often felt and how wonderful it is! Like a vail of darkness lifted from over my mind I can once again see the light. Feel the light! Oh what joy liberation brings!

How grateful I am for the opportunity I had this day, to testify in church of the redeeming and liberating power of Thy Son's atonement. How grateful I am for answered prayers...for Your help in accomplishing the things which I've been asked to do. 

Indeed "there is a balm in Gilead to make the wounded whole"!

Love,

Job