Sunday, February 23, 2014

Without Anchor

Dear God,

I know You've always been there for me but as of late (the past few years) I haven't been able to shake the great disconnect I feel between me and heaven.

I have said my prayers in greater earnest, pleading for Your divine help, yet my life feels without anchor and I am tossed about by winds from every direction.

I have read the scriptures and the writings of the prophets with more diligence and yet I am unsure about how to move forward.

I have engaged myself in religious activity, committing myself to do my best, yet I feel disconnected from fellow believers.

I read my patriarchal blessing, yet the obstacles I face in life make it difficult to see Your divine promises ever coming to pass in my life.

I spend greater time with family, yet I feel so estranged from every one of them.

I feel aloof to existence.

Mine eyes are wet with tears.

I never envisioned my life becoming what it has.

I don't know where to begin. I don't know where to go. I don't know how to get help.

Please, if You get this letter, "help Thou my unbelief". Help me feel connected to life again.

Love,

Job