Friday, June 28, 2013

When the Sky Turns Blue

Dear  God-

Sometimes I pity myself because of my perceived physical imperfections. So often I look at the other boys and long to be them and wonder how much better my life would be if it were so. This longing often turns into lust and I keep looking until I feel it is no longer safe. But I know in this thing I do sin. I shouldn't covet other mens' bodies but it is hard, especially during these summer months when the sky turns blue.

Instead, Father, I should be giving gratitude for the body I do have, for the blessing it is to be able to use my limbs and joints, for the blessing it is to going running often and behold the beauty of the earth around me. I am grateful that I am in good health, that I have full use of my body, and for the strength You have given me to eat healthy and resist the bad. 

Father, forgive me that I covet. And help me to see myself as the glorious being I am capable of becoming. 

Sincerely,

Job